FierceMarkets, a division of Questex, LLC is a B2B online media company based in Washington, D.C., that covers industries including biotech, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and telecommunications, has an immediate opening for a full-time Associate Editor covering retail and enterprise IT.
We're looking for a writer/editor who can distill the most important information from today’s news and convey it in a punchy format, as well as apply meticulous copyediting skills. You’ll also help build special reports, send newsletters and manage social channels.
Among your responsibilities:
- Write daily news roundups for the retail and enterprise IT beats.
- Develop deep knowledge of the industries you cover.
- Work closely with our expert writers to package their content in a compelling way and help research and set standards for presenting news online.
- Collaborate with our Content Marketing team on editorially driven advanced products.
- Pitch in on editing for all Fierce news teams as needed.
- Work with the production team to build and ship newsletters.
Qualifications and skills:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Degree in Journalism/Communications (print or web focus preferred) or English.
- Strong writing and copyediting ability. (You will need to take a writing and copyediting test!)
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Familiarity with a content management system. Basic understanding of SEO, HTML and photo editing software is a bonus.
- Most importantly, you need to have a positive attitude, “fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team. Our goal is to maintain our position as the leading resource for our business professional readers each day.
Come join our talented team of writers and editors who collectively have decades of journalism experience. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
Email your resume, cover letter, and a news writing clip to Molly Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org).