Position: Director, Marketing Operations
Reports to: VP, Marketing and Client Services
Direct reports: 6
Questex, a leading business information and events company, is seeking a Director, Marketing Operations, based in its Washington, DC office, to lead its marketing operations team.
The Director, Marketing Operations will be responsible for leading the strategy and optimization of our marketing automation platform (Marketo) for audience development, event marketing, content marketing, and third party email blasts. This position will lead a team of six in the creation, execution and reporting of email marketing campaigns, landing page creation and optimization, nurture and trigger campaigns, third party app partner implementation, and activation of other marketing levers to optimize the adoption and usage of the marketing automation platform.
The ideal candidate will be process oriented, well organized, and have a keen eye for detail. He/she will also have a deep understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics as it relates email marketing, landing page optimization, marketing automation, multimedia marketing, and more. Prior experience with marketing automation software is required, direct experience with Marketo is a big plus.
• Develop the marketing automation infrastructure, implementing best practices, including guidelines for emails, landing pages, campaigns etc.
• Execute on all marketing automation requests in a timely manner with a goal of maximizing clicks and conversions
• Implement testing methodologies (e.g. A/B and multivariate testing to improve conversion rates (content, email templates, landing pages, offers, etc.) optimize campaign results, and measure the relative impact of various tactics, messages, and media
• Support efforts to integrate marketing automation platform with CRM system (Salesforce.com) for lead generation, lead nurturing, and sales enablement
• Create lead gen campaigns to generate marketing qualified leads for sales, utilizing lead scoring and automated nurture campaigns
• Serve as the marketing automation platform admin: train new and existing users, administer and manage licenses, stay abreast of the latest releases and updates, manage the vendor relationship
• Proactively offer creative ideas and solutions to internal partners on how to better leverage the marketing automation platform to improve conversions and results
• Lead a marketing automation team of 6 direct reports
• Bachelor's degree required (BA/BS), major in business, marketing, or operations preferred
• Minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience in B2B marketing, with a concentration in digital marketing preferred
• Strong understanding of digital marketing tactics and channels, and best practices to optimize performance for engagement and conversions
• Experience with marketing automation platforms like Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, or Hubspot required
• Process oriented with love of operational efficiency highly desired
• High level of attention to detail is essential; must be metrics-driven and results-oriented with demonstrated analytical skills and organization
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a cross-functional team
• Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities; grace under fire a must with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership and people management skills and experience
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org